Friday, April 2, 2010

PANTRY MUST HAVE BBQ SAUCE

One Saturday afternoon we decided that we really wanted to BBQ the chicken I had taken out of the freezer but we didn't have any bbq sauce.... I went online and saw a hundred recipes for sauce and combined them all based on the ingredients I had on hand. This recipe has 13 ingredients and I had all of them in my refrigerator or pantry. It turned out fabulously , I think all these ingredients should be in everyone's pantry.

Ingredients

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vineger
3 tbl brown sugar
1 tbl worcestershire sauce
1 tbl simple syrup*
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dry ginger
1/4 tsp dry allspice
1/4 tsp ground dry mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more for spice)

*simple syrup can be made easily by combining a tbl of sugar and 2 tbl water...heat until sugar is dissolved.

Combine all ingredients......DONE...
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment