Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BANANAS SUZETTE


I know I have disappointed many in the few few few desserts I have blogged. I do like ice cream and depending on the fruit preparation..I am in! So here ya go!
Ingredients:
2 ripe yet firm bananas
1/4 cup orange juice
3 tbl sugar
1 tbl butter
1/4 cup tart dried cherries
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Lots and Lots of vanilla ice cream
Cut the peeled bananas on a diagonal into about 8 pieces each. In a large saute pan combine orange juice, sugar and butter. Heat about 1 minute or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Add the bananas and cherries and cook for 3-4 minutes just until bananas are tender. Stir in nutmeg.
Place a BIG scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl and top with banana-cherry mixture. You will be a hit and these cooked fruit desserts are very elegant and people think they take a lot of effort...!!!!
CHEERS TO DESSERT!
ENJOY!


1 comment: