Sunday, June 27, 2010

WEEKEND EXTRA - MANGO-PEACH SANGRIA


We had a weekend guest, great time, and I did not blog yesterday... so I thought I should blog twice today and how could I end a weekend without a cocktail blog......!!!!!
Sangria is a wonderfully easy cocktail to make for any gathering. My family makes sangria's for baby showers, holidays and backyard barbeques. It tastes great with any menu.
Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 cup Grand Marnier
One 750 ML bottle Viognier
1 mango chopped
2 peaches cut into thin wedges
1/4 cup mint leaves
This recipe makes about 4 cocktails
In a sauce pan cook the sugar with the water until the sugar dissolves. Pour the syrup in a pitcher and refrigerate until cold. This takes about a half hour. Stir in the Grand Marnier, Viognier, mango, peaches and mint.
Always fun to serve in a funky colored wine glass and even better if the glasses are chilled!
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment